Why Cima Software is a good choice for primary education?
School districts have document centric and paper-heavy processes. DocuClass streamlines operations, making information available district-wide, saving money and improving overall efficiency. With DocuClass you can control and share information among departments, students and parents (such as student transcripts and evaluations). Provide instant document access for authorized users and consolidate different sources of data. Provide real-time updates between many different sources.
The Cima ECM software solution, DocuClass, is a complete software solution, intuitive and easy to use for the different needs that each school faces - from student records to the improvement of complex business processes. While improving document management, DocuClass saves money, reduces storage space requirements, and accelerates the administrative functions. DocuClass ensures that sensitive information of all students, faculty and staff are protected, thus complying with regulations federal and state such as FERPA, No Child Left Behind, HIPAA, etc.
The Document Management Software, DocuClass is designed to be installed easily and quickly, and immediate use with minimal training.
Improving organizational efficiency
- Control and share information across departments, students and parents (eg, student records and evaluations)
- Helps comply with federal / state, such as FERPA, ESEA "No Child Left Behind", HIPAA, etc.. to safeguard confidential student information.
- Document is instantly accessible to authorized users
- Consolidation of disparate data sources
- Provides real-time updates from various information sources
Improved document control and security
- Meets requirements for document retention
- Eliminates lost documents
- Manages user access to information
- Minimizes the time spent filing, re-filing, accessing documents, and data entry
- Reduce storage space and cost by converting it into much needed functional space.
- Reduce time and costs associated with important administrative functions
“We have been working with DocuClass for over five years. During this time we have greatly improved nine internal processes and are looking forward to significant improvements in other business applications. DocuClass is intuitive, user-friendly, and offers a single solution for our diverse needs – from student records management to enhancing business processes”
— Mark Stuckey, Technology Specialist, Allegheny Intermediate Unit, PA
Applying DocuClass to the education environment
- Locate student records instantly
- Links to all paper documents, such as IEP, Special Education, excuses and vaccination records seamlessly with all electronic files in the district
- Provides timely and accurate information to students
- Protects important documents, such as transcripts and quality reports
Cima Software allows administrators, counselors and teachers instant access to student transcripts, test scores, emergency medical forms, permission slips for field trips and other student-related documents
Cima Software interfaces with the school’s line of business software providing instant access to student records without leaving the student information systems. For example, a school counselor can click on the name of a student in the student information system and retrieve all the records stored in DocuClass associated with that student, such as report cards and emergency medical forms.
DocuClass can create electronic forms, automatically populate them with information from one or multiple databases. DocuClass can route these forms to the different departments and, as new data is entered, update the corresponding databases in real time (through the synchronization of databases, SQL queries, OLE interfaces or API integration)
The robust architecture of DocuClass provides the level of security needed to control access to student records. DocuClass security can be applied at the user level, ensuring that only those with the appropriate permissions can view documents, processes are followed exactly as they are designed, and records are managed in accordance with the regulations of HIPAA and FERPA.
- Immediate access / easy storage for special education student records
- Repurpose storage for more productive tasks
- Comply with retention requirements, automatically purge expired documents
DocuClass allows special education departments to index and store student records electronically [Individual Education Plans (IEP), psychological and IQ tests, baseline assessments, scores on standardized tests and other evaluations] to facilitate access and retrieval. In addition DocuClass can automatically purge documents in the system for compliance with retention requirements.
- Locate the application in a more organized manner
- Improves efficiency by collecting application online
- Automates tracking timeline and provides instant access to application status
- Keeps requestors, supervisors and coordinators informed through notifications function
- Automates tracking timeline for approval of the application
- Provides instant access to the status of applications
- Manages all paperwork submitted with each application through the entire approval process
- Enables Accounts Payable to capture, access, and manage all purchase-related documents electronically, match invoices with POs, and route PO requests and vendor invoices through the approval process.
- Reduces invoice processing time and minimizes costs
- Reduces search time by making invoices or other documents immediately available
- Streamlines purchase requisition submission
- Improved exception handling to relieve bottlenecks and routing invoices through predefined processes
- Improve credit rating and reduces total cost of credit
- Follow payable and accelerates payments to suppliers
- Streamlines purchase requisition processes
- Streamlines hiring process by automatically capturing and routing applicant information through the review process
- Consolidates all information and documentation (scanned documents, transcripts, MS Office files, virtual certificates, medical records, PDF files, etc..)
- Streamlines evaluation processes by providing instant access to certifications, position changes and past evaluations
- Provides fast and accurate search and retrieval.
DC Elementary Education
Allegheny Intermediate Unit Case Study