||“The cost of managing documents: More than 90% of communications with students and parents is through documents. Documents account for up to 40% of labor costs and 15% of funding.”
— Gartner Group, 2000
Why is Cima Software a good fit for higher education?
Traditionally, institutions of higher learning have document-centric and paper-heavy processes. The right document management system helps to streamline operations, making information available institution-wide. Today’s universities are geographically diverse; many have nationwide or worldwide reach.
Cima Software Enterprise Content Management solutions can be started small, one department or application at a time, but are scalable to enterprise-wide deployment.
- Easy to learn, use and deploy with minimum down time
- Strong built-in scanning functionality (Most document management applications rely on third-party software for scanning, which increases costs and interferes with smooth deployment.)
- DocuClass allows for instant document access for authorized users.
- Extensive security option ensures data security, aids in complying with regulations such as FERPA, and safeguards confidential student information.
- Open API and Application Connector: Provides integration with any line-of-business application — even proprietary systems.
- Strong Workflow functionality, yet user-friendly
- Platform-independent Web Module that runs on any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.)
- Applying DocuClass in the Higher Education Environment
- Enables Accounts Payable to capture, access, and manage all purchase-related documents electronically, match invoices with POs, and route PO requests and vendor invoices through the approval process.
- Reduces invoice processing time and minimizes costs
- Reduces search time by making invoices or other documents immediately available
- Streamlines purchase requisition submission
- Streamlines hiring process by automatically capturing and routing applicant information through the review process
- Consolidates all employee information and paperwork
- Streamlines evaluation processes by providing instant access to certifications, position changes and past evaluations
- Locates student records instantly
- Provides timely and accurate information to students and parents
- Protects critical documents such as transcripts and grade reports
Colleges and universities are dealing with steady increases in tuition on one hand, and steady decreases in government funding on the other, giving the financial aid office more and more importance and value within the school structure. Deploying the best-suited document management system will result in greater efficiency, reduced costs, streamlined processes and improved operations.
- Locates applications in a more organized fashion
- Improves efficiency using online delivery for approval
DC Higher Education
For more information about our solutions, please fill out the following form.