Workflow has been designed to help organizations streamline and automate traditionally time-consuming, paper-based processes.
Workflow enables you to:
- Monitor and assess business processes
- Reduce overhead costs
- Improve productivity
- Monitor timelines and process deadlines
- Identify potential bottlenecks
- Generate accountability
- Reduce business risks
- Automate tasks
Optimizing and managing information can reduce operational costs and increase productivity, profitability and market share. Workflow automates critical business processes. Whether applying a document retention policy that moves documents of a certain type to “offline” storage after a certain period of time, authorizing vendor invoice payments, ensuring that all faxed customer orders are processed correctly and on time, or streamlining the recruiting process, Workflow can make it happen.
- Easy to use and set up
- No programming skills needed
- Execute workflows from a simplified, user-friendly environment
- Combines document management features with workflow capabilities
Documents are routed based upon a predefined set of conditions, rules, and actions. These actions could be a mix of system-driven actions that run behind the scenes, such as notifications and/or user-driven actions, such as the authorization or denial of a request by a supervisor. Workflow places documents in specific queues which represent the different steps, status, or phases of document processing. Workflows can be initiated by user actions or commands, time-based events, or system events.
Users and Roles:
With Workflow, you can assign roles and give permissions to users based upon their responsibilities within their business processes. Workflow can restrict the execution and/or monitoring of each step to only those who belong to roles that are authorized to participate in that particular phase of the workflow.
Alerts and Notifications:
Generate automatic alerts as well as e-mail and internal notifications when certain business rules are met or not met, such as upcoming deadlines, a change in document status, missing documents, duplication, or new documents.
Workflow integrates seamlessly with all components, offering a total solution to your automation needs as they relate to your current document management and document-based processes.
Process Status Tracking:
Workflow provides performance metrics, tracks all documents within business processes, and dynamically updates documents’ status as they progress through business flows. This gives users real time information about their overall business processes and where all documents are at all times within them.
- Workflow Manager: provides a comprehensive graphical interface to design and monitor Workflows
- Workflow Client: an enhanced Full Access Client that serves as the interface between users and the Workflow Engine
- Workflow Agent: runs and monitors unattended workflow processes and triggers new events based upon predefined time intervals or in response to system events or conditions
- Integrated environment: seamlessly integrated with all components
- Extremely powerful security schema: expands the security scheme using the “roles” concept
- User, system and time actions and events: workflow transitions can be triggered by a user, system, or time-based condition
- Integrated with external systems: external systems can be queried or updated during a workflow
- Tracks document routing and transition history: automatically tracks document transitions and generates document history reports