As part of a global initiative to streamline its internal operations, the HACP decided to invest in an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution to achieve the following objectives:
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Improve control and security of public records.
- Image availability for central administrative applications.
- Reduce the cost and space needed to maintain HACP records.
- Ensure and document regulatory compliance with withholding records.
- Optimize audit procedures.
- Eliminate redundancies and duplication of effort.
The project was initiated in the Finance, Accounts Payable and Purchasing department, where DocuClass is used to expedite the processing and approval of all incoming invoices and related documents. All invoices and remittance slips are scanned and indexed reusing data from the Emphasys Elite financial system to minimize unnecessary data entry. Once the invoices and waybills are matched, the documents are sent to the Finance department and an automatic notification is sent to the appropriate service manager for payment approval request.
Once the approval request is received, all documents are transferred to the payment processing section of DocuClass Workflow where DouClass is updated from Emphasys with the appropriate check number and payment date. When the check is printed, it is also captured and accompanied with the rest of the documents in DocuClass for permanent record storage.
After the Finance, Accounts Payable and Purchasing after system was successfully completed, DocuClass has been gradually implemented in many other departments, such as Occupancy, Community Affairs, Low Income Public Housing, Resident Services, Operations and Information Systems.